Laura is a transactional attorney practicing in the areas of real estate, business law and estate planning. She is third generation South Walton County, Florida. During her undergraduate studies, Laura was the Scribe of the University of Maine Augusta Legal Association, and attended the Criminal Justice conference in Boston. Laura was also a founding member of the French Club. Laura completed a summer internship with Pine Tree Legal Assistance in the areas of landlord/tenant law. She graduated the University of Maine Augusta in 2009 magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies and a minor in Criminal Justice.
Laura attended Charlotte School of Law and received her juris doctorate in 2013. During law school she received the Queen City Merit Scholarship, was on the Dean’s List, and was Vice-President of the Real Estate Law Society, which was involved in volunteering for Habitat for Humanity and hosted a panel titled “The Perfect Storm” covering the topic of the real estate mortgage foreclosure crisis.
She was fortunate to study abroad in 2012 with Cornell Law School Université Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne Summer Institute of International and Comparative Law in Paris. After graduation in 2013, Laura began as a law clerk at Burke, Blue, Hutchison, Walters & Smith, P.A., located in Panama City, Florida, and was promoted to Associate Attorney upon her acceptance to the Florida Bar in 2014. Laura volunteers with local charities, artists and non-profits.
Specialities & Qualifications
Laura is a transactional attorney practicing in the areas of real estate, business law and estate planning. She is third generation South Walton County, Florida.
- University of Maine at Augusta (BA, 2009, Magna Cum Laude)
- Cornell Law School – Universite Paris | Pantheon-Sorbonne Summer Institute of International and Comparative Law in Paris, France 2012
- Charlotte School of Law (J.D., 2013).
- Okaloosa-Walton County Bar Association
- Board of Directors Fresh Start for Children and Families
- Okaloosa Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Walton County Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Walton Program, an initiative of the Walton County Chamber Foundation 2019-2020
- Inn of Courts-St. Andrews Chapter member